Talent Management SolutionsHarrison Assessments Talent Solutions (HATS) gives organisations a unique way to recruit, develop and retain the right staff - providing a joined up approach to talent management.
Harrison SmartQuestionnaire measures essential, job-specific success factors with highly accurate results using 6,500+ researched Job Success Formulas, helping to accurately predict a person’s engagement, performance, work satisfaction and retention.
The Harrison SmartQuestionnaire
Harrison Assessments Talent Solutions (HATS) gives organisations a unique way to recruit, develop and retain the right staff - providing a joined up approach to talent management, covering: selection, individual development, succession planning, career planning, and team development.
At the core of HATS is the Harrison SmartQuestionnaire™ which helps managers match the ideal person to a specific role by measuring all the factors that constitute success in the role.
With highly accurate results using 6,500+ researched Job Success Formulas, SmartQuestionnaire helps to accurately predict a person’s engagement, performance, work satisfaction and retention when recruiting or planning their development needs.
The Harrison SmartQuestionnaire measures the essential, job-specific success factors including eligibility factors (such as education, experience and skills) and suitability factors (such as job-related behaviours).
- The Harrison SmartQuestionnaire is unique as it integrates all these factors in a consistent and transparent way, creating one easy-to-understand overall score with a detailed breakdown of a person’s potential for success in a specific role.
- Managers can confidently select or promote the right person for each and every role with no guesswork, no bias and no interpretation.
- The Harrison SmartQuestionnaire is very cost-effect, providing the equivalent of a full day of typical job-specific testing in less than 25 minutes, minimising the time need for candidates to complete the assessment.
- Internal management time is freed up too, and the overall cost of the hiring process is reduced, while improving the quality of new recruits and internal promotions.
Old style recruitment practices generate too many unsuitable applicants, wasting time and money.
Recruiters advisers are finding that traditional psychometric assessments are becoming less-and-less relevant to fit the best people into the right roles.
By using the online assessment and screening system hundreds of candidates can be assessed at one time.
These smarter recruitment strategies allow resources to be prioritised on the right candidates, while unsuitable ones still enjoy a great "talent brand" experience from interacting with your organisation.
Cost effective recruitment
The online SmartQuestionnaire screens and filters only the most suitable people for the role delivering a high quality short-list.
The SmartQuestionnaire provides the equivalent of a full day of typical job-specific testing in less than 25 minutes, minimising the time need for candidates to complete the assessment.
Being fully automated, internal management time is freed up and the overall cost of the hiring process is reduced, while improving the quality of new recruits and internal promotions.
The Harrison SmartQuestionnaire provide the structure and consistency necessary to analyse the work experience, skills, education and willingness necessary to effectively perform the job.
These recruitment tools measure the essential, job-specific success factors in a consistent way for all applicants or staff seeking promotion.
It provides decision makers with an easy-to-understand overall score with a detailed breakdown of a person’s potential for success in a specific role.
SmartQuestionnaire helps reduce potential legal exposure too because questions follow the job analysis for each specific job, reducing subjectivity and unconscious biases.
As a result, it’s strong face validity effectively counters potential argument of unfair or discriminatory practices.
In the U.S. Harrison’s SmartQuestionnaire meets all the legal requirements of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and is legally defensible.
People have used the Harrison SmartQuestionnaire
SmartQuestionnaire Accuracy and Validation
Harrison Assessments SmartQuestionnaire offers far greater accuracy to that of straight forward personality tests. It makes over 8,200 cross references to ensure consistency while measuring 175 traits, nearly 3 times as many as other assessments: working preferences, motivations, work values, interpersonal skills, interests and attitudes.
- The Harrison SmartQuestionnaire is designed to prevent people feeling the need to be deceptive; based on Enjoyment Performance Theory and Paradox Theory, this methodology reveals workplace strengths and weaknesses without the respondent being aware that this is happening. In other words, although the questionnaire appears to be simple at face value and can be completed even by those with very limited self-awareness, the results are comprehensive and deep.
- A candidate can attempt to cheat, but if this happens the Harrison Assessments accuracy checks will flag this through a “consistency score” which measures the consistency of the candidate’s answers. This score ranges from about – 400 to +100. A consistency score of zero or less could signal an attempt to cheat. While not infallible, cheating without detection is highly improbable. When compared to the lie detection systems of similar type assessments, Harrison Assessments is many times more difficult to cheat.
About Harrison Assessments
Harrison Assessments focuses on providing the most accurate and effective assessments in the industry; dedicating a large portion of its resources to research, development and user friendly software engineering.
- Harrison Assessments Talent Solutions (HATS) provide tools and services for managing the entire talent management life-cycle, helping organisations become more productive and efficient.
- HATS is the result of over 25 years of research into what makes people successful at work by Dr Dan Harrison, combining ParadoxTechnology™ and pinpointing 175 job critical behavioural tendencies (or traits) to predict career success for both the organisation and individual.
- Used across the complete talent management life-cycle it helps to accelerate development, identify future high performers, provide career guidance, and create engagement with organisational goals and values.
Harrison Assessments was founded in 1990 with a single vision and purpose – to help organisations optimise their human capital by leveraging their deep understanding of human resources and psychology.
- Dr Harrison, CEO is the developer and originator of the unique building blocks underpinning Harrison Assessments Talent Solutions (HATS): SmartQuestionnaire™ and ParadoxTechnology™
- His diverse background in Mathematics, Personality Theory, Counselling Psychology, and Organisational Psychology has enabled him to make a unique and exceptional contribution to assessment methodology.
- Dr Harrison’s ongoing world-wide travel gives him direct involvement with the needs of Harrison Assessments’ clients and exposes him to the appropriate practical application in a wide variety of cultures.
Harrison Assessments Frequently Asked Questions
Is the Harrison Assessment biased towards any group?
These tend to be very similar across different racial and minority groups. There are a few task preferences that are different on average for men and women. For example, women tend to enjoy artistic tasks more than men do and men tend to enjoy hard physical work more than women do, on average.
These traits do not create any problems with unfair adverse impact because they will only be screened for if the job has those specific requirements. Also, consider that several traits will be relevant, even to a simple job. It is virtually impossible that members of one group or minority will prefer most or all of the relevant traits.
If someone has a low consistency score can they complete the SmartQuestionnaire again?
However, keep in mind that candidates who attempt to deceive the questionnaire may be less likely to succeed in the job, as the same “transparency and integrity” issues could constitute a life theme. Therefore, if you have many eligible candidates, it may be best to focus on those whose consistency scores are high (no attempt to cheat) and whose profiles match the profile of the job you are offering.
Our consultants will train you how to administer the questionnaire so as to reduce the likelihood of low consistency.
How much can the surrounding conditions affect a person's scores when completing the SmartQuestionnaire?
However, if the person rushes through the questionnaire or is interrupted frequently, the consistency score may decrease. Although a supervised environment is ideal, many people complete the questionnaire electronically in their own environment.
What age limit and reading level is required?
However, we know of many cases where younger people with good reading skills have successfully completed the questionnaire.
Does the assessment tell me how the person sees themselves or how others see them?
It also includes behaviour that the person is conscious of, but that others have not observed (for example, a person who manages to curb his/her natural bluntness for the duration of an interview).
A Harrison Assessments report is able to describe actual behaviour rather than the perceptions of self or others
How much does the person's level of self-awareness affect the Harrison Assessments Results?
The questionnaire does not require the person to make introspective judgements about himself/herself. It merely requires the person to report on what he/she enjoys doing and what he/she does not enjoy doing.
Does a person's score change over time?
However, some scores can gradually change, as the person matures and adjusts their preferences.
Instructions for completing the online assessment
- Please allowing between 20 and 30 minutes of undisturbed time to complete the questionnaire.
- There is no time limit, nor any wrong or right answers, however by completing the questionnaire undisturbed the consistency of your responses – and therefore the job success predictions – will be significantly higher.
- Once complete the reports will be sent to via email.
Individual Factors Measured
Researched Job Success Formulas
Available in the following languages:
Arabic, Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Danish, Dutch, English (UK), English (US), Finnish, French, French (Canada), German, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish (Latin America), Spanish (Spain), Swedish, Thai, Tamil, Telugu, Turkish and Vietnamese.
Represented in the following countries:
Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Dubai, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Spain, South Korea, Sweden, Switzerland, Thailand, Turkey, United Kingdom, United States and Vietnam.