Collecting, Storing and Using Personal Data
TalentU Group Limited are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller, as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- All data entered from this site is captured via securely encrypted pages. Browsers display our security credentials using a padlock symbol; the exact format varies from browser to browser, but will look similar to:
- If you do not see a padlock symbol then do not enter any details and contact us.
- Sensitive details like passwords are stored in an encrypted form.
- All Personal Data is stored within the EU.
- Daily, encrypted backups of all data are performed and stored off-site.
Browsing Data vs Personal Data
We make an important distinction between capturing and analysing general web traffic and your personal data we store and process as a registered user.
- The first category collects data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, helping us to improve: our website, its content, features and general infrastructure performance. This type of data is collected by cookies and analysed with analytics software – no personal data is captured, this is aggregated data and does not identify any individual. This data can sometimes be stored outside the EEA.
- The second category – registered users – does involve storing and processing of personal data for the purpose of employment related activities and services only.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk. Cookies will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
Types of cookies we use
- We use Session Cookies to provide security and carry information across pages of the Website and avoid you having to re-enter information; they are temporary and remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website.
- We use Persistent Cookies to help when you return to the Website so we can tailor content and the presentation of the Website to match your preferences; they also assist in compiling anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use the Website and so help us improve the structure of the Website. Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of each specific cookie).
How to disable cookies
- You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Website if cookies are disabled. For detailed information on how to disable cookies for a particular desktop or mobile browser here is a useful article.
Acceptable Use Policy
You acknowledge that TalentU Group Limited own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights associated with the content, save where otherwise stated. Furthermore, you agree not to:
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that is defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, threatening, abusive, harassing or unlawful;
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or confidential information disclosed in the course of employment or under a confidentiality agreement);
- Post, publish, distribute or disseminate material or information that incites discrimination, hate or violence towards any person or group on account of their race, religion, disability, nationality or otherwise;
- Impersonate any person or entity for the purpose of misleading others;
- Threaten, abuse, disrupt, stalk or otherwise violate the legal rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Create any separate database in electronic or structured manual form by systematically downloading and storing all and any of the content;
- Use any information or material in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent or other proprietary right of any party;
- Use this website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the website or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the service;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to any of the Services, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Website/Services through hacking, password mining or any other means.